Due to the unprecedented global situation in regard to the COVID-19 pandemic,we have made the decision to move Hoops for Hope 2020 to a virtual format to keep our players, volunteers and communities safe. We’re inviting you to register for free and complete your personal basketball challenge by September 18th. Now you can complete your game, your way, on your own time, anywhere in the world!
There are as many virtual games as there are ballers. Virtual participants are people wanting to create and complete a basketball challenge of their choice and commit to raising funds for Cystic Fibrosis Canada. Examples of basketball challenges you might create:
- Shoot any number of free throws per day or per week.
- Shoot a total number of free throws throughout the challenge period.
- Practice your dribbling skills for any number of minutes per day or per week.
- Play a virtual game of HORSE.
- Challenge another participant to master a particular skill or shot, consecutive shots made in a row, etc.
Create your own equipment by crunching up scrap paper, socks, aluminum foil, or tape to make a ball and choose an item around your home to serve as a hoop!
The point is to have fun and help raise awareness and funds to make a difference in the lives of everyone who lives with CF every day.
Whatever you decide, please ensure that you are following all the health and safety protocols set out by your local health experts and that you are keeping both yourself and the community safe!
Hoops for Hope 2020 has just six (social distancing friendly) steps:
- Register: Registration is free!
- Establish your personal challenge(s). You can always add some or revise them along the way!
- Tell your friends and family and update your personal fundraising page.
- Fundraise using our easy online tools with your social media, email, and with our pledge form.
- Complete your challenge by September 18th.
- Share your challenges, your photos or videos by tagging us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram!
We appreciate your continued support. Thank you for your patience and commitment as we respond to this evolving situation together!